About Us:
Kay Printing was founded in 1945 by Joseph and Verna Kay in Toledo, Ohio.
At first, the small company was committed to job lot commercial printing and social announcements. In the slight recession of 1958, Joe Kay discovered the need for a specialty niche: something different, hence the beginning of the tags and specialty printing. (Tough and one-of-a-kind jobs.) Soon other printers were coming to Kay Printing and Tag Company to have tags manufactured, die-cutting, perfing, scoring and finishing work (stringing, wiring, numbering and eyeleting).
In keeping with the family tradition, their five sons, Ken, Tom, Dan, John and Bob, joined and Kay Toledo Tag, Inc. was born.
In 1991 the tag making divisions of Merchants Industry in Bellefontaine, Ohio and the tag division of Jordan Graphics in Charlotte, N.C. were added to the Toledo, Ohio corporation. Major additions were added and a second plant opened. Total floor space is now over one hundred thousand square feet with sales near twelve million yearly
February 13, 2007
Kay Toledo Tag is pleased to announce it has purchased the Industrial Tag Division of Paxar in Huber Heights, OH. In this Transaction we have acquired all the related Industrial Tag Division printing equipment and inventory.